SSC CGL Exam
SSC CGL (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level) is taken by the government every year for the qualified job seekers to full fill the vacant seats under the various departments. But due to great competition right preparation strategy is must to crack the SSC Exam.
SSC Exam consists of four sections which are General English Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
I have to tell you that it is very necessary to know your strength and what you lake in the strength before starting the preparation of the exam. This is something which can be check by the sample test of yourself so you can remove that lameness in your strength.
Reasoning is not made for testing your numerical skills where you just mesmerise formulas and solve the problems. Main topics which are covered in this section includes syllogism, seating arrangements, Coding-Decoding, statement and conclusion, blood relation, analogy, classification, assumption and many more but most difficult part of reasoning section is the Non-verbal section
In quantitative aptitude you should acquire good knowledge of basic concept of mathematics. Apart from this you must have good calculation speed, but it can be mastered by the practice lot of maths problems. In this section your focus should be more on the topics like probability, numerical ability, Profit-Loss Interest, averages, partnership, time and distance, algebra and trigonometry.
This question will be based on the passages, antonyms and synonyms and common affairs. You must focus on improving your vocabulary. Apart from the material of study here are some more hanging fruits.
- Improve your vocabulary by knowing 10 new words every day.
- Read “Word power made easy”, “Wren & Martin” etc.
- Read English newspapers daily.
- Watch good English news channels.
This is the must acquire section and good news is that it can be attempted quickly and you can also score very good marks in this section.
- Aware of all changes around the world 6-7 months before the exam.
- Check out General awareness books like competition success, master competition, Pratiyogita Darpan etc.
- Read Newspapers and stay updated with the daily news
You should really have to give 3-4 hours daily preparation and I would like to suggest you that rather than making time schedule, you should just list down the topics you will sure complete by the end of the day. These are the little things which make your preparation much smoother:
- Eat Light– Try to make your day with a light breakfast. Avoid more oily food to spare yourself the lethargy and laziness that they induce. Eating light will really going to help you to focus better in your study and preparations.
- Short Study Hours, Strong Focus–Nobody can focus long hours in anything weather it is study or anything else. So it is much better to sit for short hours but with more focus and dedication! Just try to make a promise yourself you will only study when you goes for the study.
- Take Regular Breaks–It’s always good to give yourself a break after every hour. Than cramming study nonstop. Your mind also need some rest to relax itself.
- Unwind–When you go on timeout, try to unwind with fun or creative activity! Simple things like painting, cooking or even a walk in the garden are really a good ways to let your hair down. You can go for your favourite music.
- Exercise–It is must to take some time and go for exercise because your life will be on the chair and bed so it’s really good to make your body fit by some sweating exercise
- Set Targets– Always try to set a target which is achievable for you, like studying 4 topics in this hour. This achievement will surely gives a good boost to your confidence.
- Get Ample Sleep–No one should give himself stress of not sleeping enough! Make sure you really make yourself clear and take a well rest of 7-8 hours. It will be great to have a nice nap.
Simple and easiest tips like this will let you preparation better for the SSC! There are some other simple thing you should start to note is making sure you have your ID and adint card, and taking some snacks and water bottle to exam venue.